Brent P. Lorimer’s practice focuses on patent, trademark, copyright, licensing and trade secret litigation and related counseling. Clients rely on Brent’s wide-ranging technical and litigation experience to assist them with their intellectual property and complex commercial litigation business needs. He has led litigation teams in a wide variety of technologies, including:
- arteriovenous grafts
- left ventricle lead systems
- coronary and esophageal stents
- abdominal aortic aneurysm stent grafts
- use of embolic microspheres to treat benign and malignant tumors
- hemostasis methods using devices employing chitosan
- endoluminal graft and stent design and placement
- blood pressure transducers
- acute and chronic dialysis catheters
- radar-based “dilemma zone” systems
- automatic lane allocation, measurement of volume
- occupancy and other traffic patterns
- e-commerce, dental bleaching compositions
- GPS technology
- thin film optics
- exercise equipment
- nutritional supplements
- industrial wastewater treatment, among others.
Successes on behalf of his clients have included eight figure awards and settlements fin patent litigation, as well as directing the successful defense of claims against his clients. He represents clients before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board in IPR and other post-grant proceedings, mediation and arbitration matters and inter partes proceedings before the European Patent Office. Brent has an active trademark / unfair competition practice, representing both plaintiffs and defendants across the country and has represented clients in high-stakes commercial litigation in a wide variety of legal disputes.
Passionate about helping others in the community, he has spent most of his adult life leading and counseling teenagers and young adults, trying to help them navigate the difficult decisions confronting young people today.
When he is not practicing law, Brent loves spending time with his beautiful wife, children and grandchildren.
On the weekends, Brent is a part-time cowboy, gathering and branding cows and providing comic relief for the real cowboys.