Workman Nydegger has extensive experience in the preparation and prosecution of telecommunication patent applications in the U.S. and worldwide. Many of the firm’s successful litigation cases have been based on telecommunications patents. Due to these factors and our reputation in the telecommunications field, our local, national and international client base in this area continues to grow.
Our clients’ technologies and our technical competencies include the following:
- Optical datacom and telecom systems, including lasers, transceivers, and related analytic software and hardware
- Mobile handsets and related components and products
- Mobile web services and quality-of-service analytics
- Mobile network infrastructure and equipment
- Satellite radio receivers and services
- Radio frequency communications and antennas
- Cable television systems
- VoIP and landline telephone systems
- Video streaming and other Internet-based communication systems
- Radar and lidar systems
Many of W|N’s attorneys have technical degrees in relevant fields of electrical engineering, other engineering disciplines, computer science, and physics, including some with advanced degrees. A number of our attorneys worked as engineers in the telecommunication industry before joining the firm.
Due to our experience and expertise in telecommunications, we are able to communicate effectively with our clients’ scientists and inventors as we move through the process of preparing patent applications.
Our ability to understand the nature and importance of such telecommunications technologies enhances the quality and success of patent applications that we file and prosecute at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office both here and abroad.
Similarly, W|N has the ability to collaboratively strategize with our clients’ business, legal and technical personnel, when handling licensing, transactional, IP enforcement or litigation matters related to telecommunications.
Our deep understanding of relevant legal principles and strategies, combined with our experience in relevant telecommunications technologies enables W|N to provide superior legal services when handling such matters.